Hello, I just need help with the basics of loading a UDF into Fluent. I have an example UDF that I got off of the internet but I keep running into different errors.
basic UDF setup
- 1.3K Views
- Last Post 5 weeks ago
Firstly, are you sure that you need to use a UDF? Can you explain what type of simulation you are trying to achieve? I ask because ANSYS Fluent has a tremendous amount of built-in functionality.
UDF's are covered in the ANSYS Fluent Customization Manual, this documentation is included with the product. There are quite a few examples in the doc.
My best guess is that the UDF you got from the internet is intended to be used with an older version of Fluent, and the errors you are getting relate to either obsolete commands, or commands that have changed their syntax. Review the UDF and check each command with the version of the Fluent doc that you are using.
- All Categories
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Embedded Software
- Tutorials, Textbooks and Articles
- Student Competition Teams
- Installation and Licensing
- Forum Rules
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 ERROR: System Clock has been set back
- 2 Structural - Stepped Shaft in Axial Tension
- 3 Generate fin flapping in CFX
- 4 Creating an internal inlet within a geometry or using outlet velocity turbulence profile for inlet
- 5 How to acquire the stiffness matrix of every single element after a structure analysis?