I am trying to simulate a mixing tank with air sparging from inlet. The problem is set up as 2D- axisymmetric, Turbulent, Multiphase (Simple VOF) case. The system has an impeller for mixing, the phenomena is trying to capture using MRF technique.
1. Rotation is about X-axis
2. Inlet velocity is defined, Pure air is coming in so volume fraction of air kept as 1
3. MRF (around impeller) region is given -100 RPM using frame motion option.
4. The impeller wall is given moving wall (rotational) BC, with relative rpm with respect to adjacent zone (MRF zone) as zero.
5. Standard K-Epsilon Turbulence used.
6. Mesh quality - Minimum Orthogonal Quality = 9.98567e-01, Maximum Aspect Ratio = 1.487
7. Domian lenghth (along X axis) is 355 mm, in which up to 180mm is filled with water and above that air.
8. Interface defined between stagnant and moving zone
1. The problem is giving solution when solved in 3D.
2. Not converging with 2D axisymmetric set-up.
3. The problem has to be set up as 2D-axisymmetric or Axisymmetric swirl for capturing impeller rotation?
4. MRF technique valid with 2D Axisymmetric, multiphase case?
5. Possibility of using sliding mesh? (Tried and failed)
Hope some one can help me with answers for above question. Thanks in advance