An unknown error occurred during solution.

• Last Post 11 December 2019
Jerin posted this 05 December 2019

Hi,

I was running a simulation on ANSYS MECHANICAL PREMIUM and in the middle of the run i got an error "An unknown error occurred during solution.  Check the solver output." I checked the solver output and found there was neither any warning nor an error msg as shown in the attached image below. My solution didnt hand any bisection/divergence issue it was converging nicely as you can see in the attached image. I also got an error message something like "ANSYS SERVER LICENSE LOST" and for few minutes I was not able to access Mechanical.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
dsurendr posted this 05 December 2019

Hello Jerin,

Are you using the ANSYS Student package?

If not, are you pointing to a remote license server from your machine? In that case it could be a network interruption issue. Do you see this error often?

tsiriaks posted this 06 December 2019

In Workbench, click Tools -> License Preferences , then post screenshots of all 4 tabs in that window.

Jerin posted this 07 December 2019

Hi dsunder,

I am not using the student version of the license. Yes I am running it remotely and now a days I am seeing it more often and unfortunately after this error i lose all of my run data. And sometime if I try to re run  the same model it doesn't work until try to run it twice or thrice. 

Jerin posted this 07 December 2019

dsurendr posted this 09 December 2019

Hello Jerin,

Thank you for the details. Please edit the ansyslmd.ini file under C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing

ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_TCP=120

ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_CONNECT=60

ANSYSLI_FNP_IP_ENV=1

ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_FLEXLM=15

ANSYSLI_FLEXLM_TIMEOUT_ENV=10000000

Save the file and then try the solve again.

Jerin posted this 11 December 2019

Hi Sunder, Where shall i paste these commands??

Close