Hi, is it possible to apply field of different power(which depend on position) of body heat generation in thermal transient or in thermal steady-state module in Ansys? Thanks a lot, Best regards. Zak
Anisotropy field of heat generation
- 82 Views
- Last Post 31 July 2018
I'll move this to Mechanical area to see if there are more people looking in there.
Just to add, the ACT extension by itself might not be helpful and you would have to edit it. So your best bet is to use tables which define power as a function of time for ramping.
If you have the field data of body heat generation (x,y,z and heat generation values), you can use External Data (workflow shown below) to import the spatially varying heat generation data and map it on to the mesh in Mechanical (either Thermal steady-state or Thermal transient module).
Please go through this link in ANSYS help documentation for further reference on External Data.
Hope this helps.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
- 1 Fluent wave elevation
- 2 Can't manage to make a gear analysis to work from a Solidworks assembly
- 3 Hello, as I said before I am continuing with one design of a part of an moto-engine and now 1
- 4 Bolt pretension causes high compressive stress exceeding UTS but deformation is only 0.2mm
- 5 Drop test, 16kg kettlebell onto a floor tile