ANSYS 18.2 Fluent Surface Monitors

• Last Post 24 January 2018
  • Topic Is Solved
kgriffin13 posted this 11 January 2018

I have version 18.2 downloaded on my laptop and I'm having trouble adding a surface monitor, on older versions you double clicked "monitors" and the option to add a surface monitor came up in the "task page" but clicking on "monitors" in version 18.2 does not make anything come up in the "task page"

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
vganore posted this 11 January 2018

Take a look at following for surface monitor option. 

Vishal Ganore,

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Raef.Kobeissi
kgriffin13 posted this 13 January 2018

Thank you.

Continuing into the post processing and the results section I tried to create a chart with "X" as the X-axis and "YPlus" as the Y-axis but "YPlus" is not an available variable in the data selection as it was in older versions. How can I do this?

vganore posted this 15 January 2018

Do you have plot data for Y+ from Fluent to import? If no then please get your Y+ plot in Fluent and export the file. Then explore CFD-Post options. 

Vishal Ganore,

Attached Files

buidinhanh posted this 22 January 2018

Thank u kgriffin13 and Mr. Vishal Ganore. I can't find some features of old version like File name and X axis in version 18.2. Please teach me. 

vganore posted this 24 January 2018

Generate the report file using first step (in surface report definition, activate report file and report plot, make sure you add def file under selected report definition). Step 2 is to explore report plot.

Vishal Ganore,

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • buidinhanh
buidinhanh posted this 24 January 2018

thank you, sir