I want to download ANSYS 19.1 student version

• Last Post 17 July 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
Ruturajshinde777 posted this 10 July 2019

Hello,

I am a student working on a CFD project. My uni has ANSYS 19.1 but latest downloadable version is ANSYS R2, but as i want to open ANSYS files on my laptop I need to install ANSYS 19.1, So I would appreciate if anyone could provide me link to download ANSYS 19.1

Regards. 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
tsiriaks posted this 10 July 2019

Hello Ruturajshinde777,

Are you using Fluent or CFX ?

Fluent is backward/forward compatible, so you should be able to open your Fluent 19.1 files from your university machine on your own laptop with Fluent 2019 R2 and vice versa.

Thanks,

Win

• Liked by
  • Ruturajshinde777

Hi, Tsiriaks for your response.I am using Fluent for CFD. And I did install ANSYS R2 on my laptop, and when I tried opening file on it it said something about different version ( I dont remember the message exactly, sorry). Also, I am not only using Fluent but Geometry and Mesh tab as well so maybe thats the reason I cant open 19.1 files on R2

Hello tsiriaks If possible, Can you please provide me a way to download Ansys 19.1. Regards

tsiriaks posted this 11 July 2019

Ah, I see. It'd work only if you use the stand-alone Fluent and not the Fluent from Workbench.

Please encourage your university to update the version to a more recent version.

In the meantime, I've shared this download link for 19.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1py7XVjlMunYlk_CJpenkf6trYrYCOXUW/view?usp=sharing

Please note that it will expire in 7 days.

Thanks,

Win

• Liked by
  • Ruturajshinde777
Ruturajshinde777 posted this 11 July 2019

tsiriaks Thank you so much for your help!!!

tsiriaks posted this 11 July 2019

You are welcome !

Please mark the thread as 'resolved'

Thanks,

Win

• Liked by
  • Ruturajshinde777
Ruturajshinde777 posted this 16 July 2019

tsiriaks Hi, I installed ANSYS 19.1 from the link you provided to me; however I couldn't see any modules in the workbench. If you know the solution please let me know

tsiriaks posted this 16 July 2019

That's because the licenses that come with the original package that I shared has expired. You will have to follow the steps described here

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/how-can-i-renew-ansys-student-version-license-1/

to renew it.

• Liked by
  • Ruturajshinde777
Ruturajshinde777 posted this 17 July 2019

tsiriaks It worked. Thank you Again!!!!

tsiriaks posted this 17 July 2019

That's great !

Thank you for the update.

Please mark the thread as 'resolved' ('Is Solution') , so we know this has been addressed

• Liked by
  • Ruturajshinde777
Close