Ansys 19.1 - Timber frame shear wall - Repetitve fixings/ Models

• Last Post 14 November 2018
ConnorMcGlade posted this 16 October 2018

Hi, 

I have a timber frame shear wall, currently running this test to correlate to experimental testing. The simulation involves applying a 'racking' force to the upper corner of the wall panel, while the bottom of the panel is rigidly fixed to the ground. I want to know the force and displacement values for the panel. I have created beams to simulate the fixings between the sheathing and the frame along the top.

I keep getting this error 'You have specified result time(or frequency) = 4 for a result file which has maximum time(or frequency) = 2.  If you specify 0(ZERO), the solution for final time will be displayed.' How can I fix this?

I now want to create the fixings along the length of the panel there are quite a few of these so I was what the best way to do this is?

I also have several other panels I want to run simulations with that will vary the fixing pacing and the stud spacings. How should I go about wanting to run this simulation with essentially different geometries? Is there a quick way of for example importing a new geometric model int the simulation?

Kind Regards

Connor 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
ConnorMcGlade posted this 14 November 2018

HI Peter, 

Any luck with this?

ConnorMcGlade posted this 24 October 2018

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for that! 

peteroznewman posted this 17 October 2018

Hi Connor,

A simple way to fix the error is to delete all the results and define all new results. You can do that without losing the solution. I will consider the other questions in another post.

Regards,
Peter

• Liked by
  • ConnorMcGlade
Close