Ansys 19.1 - Timber frame shear wall - Repetitve fixings/ Models

• Last Post 14 November 2018
ConnorMcGlade posted this 16 October 2018

Hi, 

I have a timber frame shear wall, currently running this test to correlate to experimental testing. The simulation involves applying a 'racking' force to the upper corner of the wall panel, while the bottom of the panel is rigidly fixed to the ground. I want to know the force and displacement values for the panel. I have created beams to simulate the fixings between the sheathing and the frame along the top.

I keep getting this error 'You have specified result time(or frequency) = 4 for a result file which has maximum time(or frequency) = 2.  If you specify 0(ZERO), the solution for final time will be displayed.' How can I fix this?

I now want to create the fixings along the length of the panel there are quite a few of these so I was what the best way to do this is?

I also have several other panels I want to run simulations with that will vary the fixing pacing and the stud spacings. How should I go about wanting to run this simulation with essentially different geometries? Is there a quick way of for example importing a new geometric model int the simulation?

Kind Regards

Connor 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
peteroznewman posted this 17 October 2018

Hi Connor,

A simple way to fix the error is to delete all the results and define all new results. You can do that without losing the solution. I will consider the other questions in another post.

Regards,
Peter

• Liked by
  • ConnorMcGlade
ConnorMcGlade posted this 24 October 2018

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for that! 

ConnorMcGlade posted this 14 November 2018

HI Peter, 

Any luck with this?

Close