Ansys 19.2 Forte problem

• Last Post 14 March 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
varomipc posted this 06 February 2019

Hello admins.

I made an instalation of ansys 19.2 students version and I'm unsuccesful trying to open forte. The error that shows up is:

File C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v192\reaction\forte.win64\bin\run_forte.bat does not exists.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
tsiriaks posted this 07 February 2019

Just to confirm, you checked that this file

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v192\reaction\forte.win64\bin\run_forte.bat 

does exist, right ?

Do you have an install.err file under C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\   ?

Thanks,

Win

varomipc posted this 07 February 2019

Hi tsiriaks.

The file doesn't exist. The only two similar bat files that i have in such directory are:

run_forte_env_setup_part2.bat

run_forte_TEMPLATE.bat

I tried to uninstall and reinstall a few times but it doesn't create that file. In addition I don't have any error file in the location you commented.

Regards.

varomipc posted this 07 February 2019

Just to confirm, you checked that this file

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v192\reaction\forte.win64\bin\run_forte.bat 

does exist, right ?

Do you have an install.err file under C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\   ?

Thanks,

Win

I eddit to say that I've just tried also to install the 19.1 version and still the same problem

Hi varomipc,

Try creating the two following files then place both of them under your installation directory (C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v192\reaction\forte.win64\bin\)

<to_be_update>

Sorry, I'm checking to make sure whether I can post this content here.

I will keep you posted.

Basically, you are missing two files that's why it's not working. Don't try re-installation because it doesn't help.

Thanks,

Win

varomipc posted this 08 February 2019

Thank you tsiriaks, I keep waiting for your reply.

Regards.

tsiriaks posted this 09 February 2019

Hi varomipc,

Try this, open elevated CMD Prompt (right-click on CMD and 'run as administrator'), then issue the following command with quote

"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v192\commonfiles\configs\winx64\config\AnsConfigFORTE.exe"

Does this help ?

Thanks,

Win

varomipc posted this 11 February 2019

Hi varomipc,

Try this, open elevated CMD Prompt (right-click on CMD and 'run as administrator'), then issue the following command with quote

"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v192\commonfiles\configs\winx64\config\AnsConfigFORTE.exe"

Does this help ?

Thanks,

Win

Thanks a lot tsiriaks, at least that helped me to start the program by its own graphic interface. However I cannot deploy it from the ansys workbench since the ICE solver show this message.

Thanks

Regards

tsiriaks posted this 11 February 2019

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Forte.

Have you tried saving the Workbench project first before try opening the ICE Solver ?

If that doesn't help, post the screenshot of the output of the following command

set

from the CMD Prompt.

Thanks,

Win

varomipc posted this 14 March 2019

Hi varomipc,

Does this help ?

Thanks,

Win

That was the solution. Thanks a lot.

tsiriaks posted this 14 March 2019

That's great !

Thanks for the confirmation.

Win

Close