ANSYS 2019 R3 Mechanical and DesignModeler Display Error

• Last Post 4 weeks ago
iainh22 posted this 01 June 2020

Hi, I'm having issues with the DesignModeler Model Window and Mechanical Project Windows for ANSYS 2019 R3 Academic. The project windows are offset and minimized to the rest of the UI but workbench itself is working fine and only started to occur recently after I have been using both these programs without issues before this. I am still sort of able to do work, as I'm able to click actions that are behind the display and select features on the geometry where the display should be, but it's becoming very inconvenient. I did have to run windows compatibility troubleshooter on workbench to fix the display when I first installed, and have since tried to run the troubleshooter, shut down and refreshed the whole application and my laptop, remade the entire project, reset the App Data, and tried changing windows DPI settings without success. This seems like a different issue and I haven't been able to work it out with the other techniques I've researched. The photos are attached. 

Thanks,

Iain

Mechanical Display IssueDesignModeler Display Issue

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
iainh22 posted this 4 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, this issue was fixed on a different thread, I had to go into Workbench Preferences > Compatibility > Change High DPI Settings from "System (Enhanced)" to just "System" and that fixed the issue. 

Kremella posted this 4 weeks ago

Perfect! Could you please copy the link to the thread where this question was answered here so it benefits the community?

Thank you.

Karthik

Close