ansys

• Last Post 04 January 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
vardhan1509 posted this 02 January 2019

hello everyone

I am new to Ansys software. I have no prior knowledge of this software and I have just enrolled myself in masters in electrical engineering. 

I want to learn the thermal and stress/strain simulations. what is the best way to start? from where I can learn about the two simulations?

with regards 

harsh vardhan

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
SandeepMedikonda posted this 03 January 2019

Hi Harsh,

Welcome!
Please see this post to find the tutorials for you to get started.

Regards,
Sandeep
Guidelines on the Student Community

vardhan1509 posted this 03 January 2019

thanks for reply Sandeep 

I have to work related to the topic: there are two layers of a semiconductor on the upper layer wire connection are made and when supply is given there is the production of heat between two layers because if that the upper layer shows some bending I have to solve this through ANSYS ( this problem was given by my professor) and I have no clue from where to start. can you please guide me how to proceed step by step. I am facing the problem because I don't know from where to start.

Harsh, 

If you look in the verification examples that the above link refers to. There is one example that illustrates what you might want:

Here is the link to this example.

Regards,
Sandeep

• Liked by
  • vardhan1509

when I am opening the link it is directing me to a page which says "Use a customer portal account to log in" but I am student and my login details are not working there. what to do ?

with regards 

harsh vardhan

Harsh,

Here is a post that shows how students can access online help.

Regards,
Sandeep

• Liked by
  • vardhan1509

What version of ANSYS are you using? If it is anything before 19, are you able to update? You can download the latest version from the first image on the top of this page. Help has moved online starting in v19.

Next, Can you confirm if you've followed the procedure listed in this article:

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/how-to-access-the-ansys-online-help/?order=all#comment-36070cc9-6231-4db2-aff8-a9a6011d1084

Also, please see this:

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/links-to-help-go-to-customer-portal-sign-in-page

Regards,
Sandeep

Dear Sandeep

I am using 18.2 version because there is a edx course that  I noticed on the Ansys website, in that the instructors have suggested using this version.

I will install 19 version and then ill follow the procedure. 

regards 

harsh 

Harsh, you can have multiple versions on ANSYS installed. I would recommend installing v192. You can download the academic version from the top of this page (first big image).

Here is the same tutorial for version v182:

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v182/mech_tut/ds_thermal_tutorial.html

Regards,
Sandeep

okay sir i will install new updated version

vardhan1509 posted this 04 January 2019

hello Sandeep

I Tried all the step that you suggested. I thank you for the great help you did.

thanks a lot 

with regards

Harsh Vardhan

Hello, Sandeep 

I'm here with a new problem. 

hello Sandeep

Can you provide me with some more tutorials as you suggested before(Steady-State and Transient Thermal Analysis of a Circuit Board) starting from basics so that I can learn basics of ANSYS?

with regards

harsh 

SandeepMedikonda posted this 04 January 2019

Harsh,

Please post an installation question in that specific category.

This is from the Guidelines:

• If you have a new question, please create a ‘New Discussion’. Posts with a lot of discussions and lengthy answers tend to get lesser attention from someone who might help.
  • Please post your question in the appropriate category. This will expedite the support process and might help you get quicker responses. Many of our experts only monitor threads based on their fields of expertise and in order to get their attention posting your question in the correct category becomes critical.

Regards,
Sandeep

• Liked by
  • vardhan1509
SandeepMedikonda posted this 04 January 2019

Below are the locations where you can find all the available tutorials, please search through them to find what you are looking for:

1. Our Student Community Tutorials section here

2. Our Student Support Resources webpage

3. The tutorials within the ANSYS Online Help

4. Cornell Learning Modules

5. Lastly, you can find numerous examples to learn from the examples in the ANSYS Verification Manuals.

Regards,
Sandeep

• Liked by
  • vardhan1509
peteroznewman posted this 04 January 2019

Vardhan,

I see in this post you are trying to attach to a Parasolid file.

You can open Parasolid files with the Student license using SpaceClaim, File > Open, or in Design Modeler using File > Import External Geometry File. 

You can't use Browse on a Geometry cell in Workbench and attach a Parasolid file, that requires a license, which is a bit ridiculous considering the previous sentence.

Regards,
Peter

• Liked by
  • vardhan1509
Close