ANSYS Additive 19.0.2

• Last Post 20 August 2018
  • Topic Is Solved
emmanuel_amoako_00 posted this 09 August 2018

Hello, please I did run a simulation and when it was completed, I couldn't access the ones in VTS files when I download them. How can I view these files?
Thank you.

Regards,
Emmanuel 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
SandeepMedikonda posted this 09 August 2018

Emmanuel,

You can view these files using ParaView (open-source)/ANSYS Ensight/ ANSYS Viewer.

Regards,

Sandeep

• Liked by
  • emmanuel_amoako_00
emmanuel_amoako_00 posted this 09 August 2018

Hello Mr. Sandeep,

Thank you very much for the useful information and quick response.

Regards,
Emmanuel.

emmanuel_amoako_00 posted this 19 August 2018

Hello,
Please I want to determine the dimensions of the molten track in selective laser melting by varying the process parameters using ANSYS but don't know how to go about it because the model is built up in layers and can hardly see the molten metal powder during the simulation.

Regards,
Emmanuel.

SandeepMedikonda posted this 19 August 2018

Emmanuel, 

You won't be able to see that in additive print. Additive Print eliminates the guesswork and hours of wasted time in metal additive manufacturing (AM) workflows. so it mostly helps you to predict:

• Final shape of the printed part.
  • Layer-by-layer distortion and stress.
  • Optimal support structures.
  • Distortion-compensated STL files.
  • Potential blade crash.

You can analyze melt pools etc. as a part of Additive Science (beta in 19.1). You can read more about the theory behind these in the following resources:

Resource 1

Resource 2

Resource 3

P.S: Please post new questions as new discussions in the future. Solution marked or long threads tend to get less attention.

Regards,

Sandeep

• Liked by
  • emmanuel_amoako_00
emmanuel_amoako_00 posted this 20 August 2018

Hello Sandeep,
Thank you very much for the positive feedback and resources given,it is very educative and informative.
I would gladly post new questions as new discussions in the future.

Regards,
Emmanuel.

Close