Hello friends . I have a question I am trying to modeling a storage tank with fluid in side. But i dont know what kind of fluid should i select for sloshing . As i knew fluid 80 is correct one for sloshing but Ansys doesn’t support it anymore . Thanks
- 221 Views
- Last Post 16 June 2018
thanks for your reply . the fluid is water. but the problem is i should use the fluid 80 which is covers slosh in modeling. in ANSYS MECHANICAL- Preprocessor - element type -library elements type - (ansys fluid section) there is no fluid80. which i saw in some of papers shows they used fluid 80. so as i search the fluid 80 in ansys (14-18 version )its shows that not support any more. so which element shall i choose in ansys fluid section to cover the sloshing, for example (3D acoustic30 or 3D th-fi pipe116 or 3D hydro static 242 or.... ) ?? this is my problem i need the element in fluid to support the slosh in ansys mechanical .
I suggest you go ahead with water, get the model run and then investigate about fluid. Not sure what fluid80 stands for but you could go through some research papers to understand the fluids used. Try to get the basic properties of the fluid (density, specific heat, conductivity etc.) from the paper that you can load under solver.
Vishal Ganore, ansys.com/student
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 3 Problem with the Student Version
- 4 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type
- 5 Steel Structures Fire Test Simulation