ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue

• Last Post 18 October 2018
bdplourde posted this 27 September 2018

Hey Everyone,

I’ve ran into an issue on a 2-way fsi research project and I believe I’m either missing a setting or an extension.  A few months ago the simulation worked perfectly but we have since updated the software from 19.0 to 19.1 and now I’m getting the following error code.  “An FSI data link was set in Workbench, but the 'External Solver Coupling' option in 'Flow Analysis 1' is no longer 'ANSYS MultiField'.”  When I’m setting up the simulation in CFX, under analysis settings, I’m normally able to select the ANSYS multifield option but now it does not show it available. 

Has anyone experienced this or have guidance? 

Thank you

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rwoolhou posted this 28 September 2018

Hi. If you check Section 2.3 of the R19.1 release documentation it's noted that the functionality has been superseded by System Coupling. There's a link there to the System Coupling notes there too. 

• Liked by
  • bdplourde
bdplourde posted this 29 September 2018

Great! Thank you for the help.  I've searched online for the R19.1 Release documents and cant find it.  Do you have a link by any chance?

bdplourde posted this 15 October 2018

Does anyone have a good resource for setting up the new system coupling?  I keep getting the following error. 

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

|                An error has occurred in cfx5solve:                 |

|                                                                    |

| Errors were encountered in the CFX Command Language for this run:  |

|                                                                    |

|  Error: Parameter 'ANSYS Input File' is not allowed in /FLOW:Flow- |

|  Analysis 1/ANALYSIS TYPE/EXTERNAL SOLVER COUPLING       

bdplourde posted this 15 October 2018

I'm working on a 2way fsi problem with transient structural and CFX

rwoolhou posted this 18 October 2018

There's a link from the release notes, where it says the older method has been superseded.  You get to the documentation using the help feature in the software: that also changed at R19.  Otherwise there's YouTube if the wider community can't help; as ANSYS staff we're not able to review projects. 

Close