Dear I want to know can we publish industry publications under student licensing of ansys? With Best Regards Usama
ANSYS Student - Industry Publication
- 44 Views
- Last Post 2 weeks ago
Yes. My article is related with industry can i publish results which i get from ansys student version? Regards Usama
By selecting “AGREE & DOWNLOAD” below, you agree that: (1) The software license you are downloading is an Educational License and will be used solely by you for personal educational purposes; (2) The analysis work performed with the program(s) must be non-proprietary work; (3) The program(s) may not be used for competitive analysis (such as benchmarking) or for any commercial activity, including consulting; (4) The license does not include any Technical Enhancements or Technical Support beyond the self-guided support material provided on the Support Resources webpage; (5) U.S. export laws apply to this software and you are responsible for complying with those laws; (6) The Click Wrap Software License Agreement that will appear during installation of the software will govern this and any subsequent licenses downloaded through this student web page.
First of all, I am a Ph.D. student and I am doing experimental work with simulations.
1. it is the optimization of the fabrication process. some similar model(https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6439/aaa77d/meta) I used with a different pattern by keeping the student version in my mind(just removed the interface(which is only possible in-licensing version)).
2. I also attached the .*case file of the previous paper and my model in the archive file. previously, they used commercial software for this purpose.
3. I have one more question Dear admin as the .*case file have the distance between two circles is about 5 micrometer. the dimensions used in the case file is smaller but I have very big dimensions 20 times larger than this .*case file. could it possible to mesh it(commercial software)by increasing the dimensions?
4. I used the technique I make the system 40 times smaller and after getting results I multiply the results by the factor of 40. is this right approach to solve the problem?
@pgl I need your suggestion?
With Best Regards
I'll leave Paul (pgl) to answer the usage questions: I just drive the software!
If you mean the model aspect ratio is big (long thin region) or you're modelling a small section due to cell count limits then, yes, the Research or Commercial version will mean you can use a lot more mesh. The cell count limit is removed, and you're then only limited by hardware and parallel licences to run the calculation.
Re the scaling, without going into a lot of detail (which is beyond what I can do here) I don't know. You'll be missing some flow phenomena, but I can't say if they'll matter.
Dear rwoolhou, Please reply me of each question proplery i will be very grateful to you.
The word "small section" confued me. I asked if we have a big mechine. If i reduced the system 40 times due to cell count limit. And used scaling option with lesser dimensions "as you told me in pervious post" and after optimization of speed i multiple the results by a factor 40. For exmaple the optimal speed of the small system is 2 m/s can i say the speed of the big system is 80 m/s? (I asked ansys point of view) The problem is i used the publised case file and apply the same conditions as publised but i am getting wrong results. " they used ansys 16.0 and i am running this case file on ansys 19.2. Can this be a problem?." I attched the published case in the above file. I know you are not permit to open this file but i think if you have a look on it you can properly guide me. I can not make that that model due to limited version. So i removed the interface and make a small model also attched above. " after flow phenomena i understand your point" I can vary the gap between two concentric circles but i have feeling i do so i can not show the proper filling which i need to show in every cavities in this part as shown in above attched figure. What you say about this" if i increase the gap can these cavities will be fully filled with liquid" Regards Usama
I cannot download files so cannot open it to see what's there: it's not an option I have due to US Export Law.
By small section I mean if you're modelling a little part of a larger domain: typically these are called sub models.
You can scale results and domain size using various techniques (that's how wind tunnel models work) but you also need to understand & account for viscosity, Reynolds Number etc. That's an engineering question, so best answered by one of your tutors who can review the whole project.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2
- 2 Ansys 19.2 student version installation problem
- 3 Wrong results for lift force every simulation
- 4 Another Work bench only opening a grey window [RESOLVED]
- 5 Installing the new version of License Manager