I have a 3D model of a magnet design in a different software I need to switch over to ANSYS. I have an APDL macro which should convert the data and I have the data in a seperate text file, which is how it was exported by the other software. When I run it in APDL, it gives me '*VREAD cannot open file'. Any suggestions?
APDL Vread cannot read file error
- 584 Views
- Last Post 31 July 2018
In the attached text tile, it references another file, QXF_2DV2_3DV7_RE_v4
Do you have that file in the same folder as the roxie2ansys.txt APDL code that you are running?
I suspected somwthing like that, and they are all in the same folder.
The ANSYS program opens most files with read and write permission required so make sure the file being read it is not marked as read only. Is the data in fixed format as *VREAD cannot read in comma separated data? See http://www.ansys-blog.com/use-of-tread-and-vread-to-read-in-data-from-an-external-file/ for info on reading csv using *TREAD. Try reading in just a single value until you are able to get it working then add additional values.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2
- 2 Ansys 19.2 student version installation problem
- 3 Wrong results for lift force every simulation
- 4 Installing the new version of License Manager
- 5 Another Work bench only opening a grey window [RESOLVED]