19 February 2019
- Last edited 19 February 2019
You can do this but please note that there is no job scheduler integrated in AnsoftRSM or AEDT .
The first specified solving machine would be the 'point of contact' for any client machines but it wouldn't check the available resources on the 'compute nodes' and assign the jobs accordingly (since there is no job scheduler), also that first machine itself would be solving the job. This means that the client has to manually specify what machines to be used as computed nodes. You can have a situation where one machine is available but another machine has two jobs solving on it.
Now here is the steps to setup distributed solve on multiple machines.
1. Install same version of AEDT on each machine (make sure it's installed on the same path on all machines , or you can also install on one machine and use a shared directory. Note: This requirement is needed only if you are solving on multiple machines)
2. Install AnsoftRSM on each solving machine
3. Register AEDT with AnsoftRSM on each solving machine (if you are trying to setup multiple versions of AEDT, you have to register each of the version you want to setup)
This was part of the install AnsoftRSM video
Note: Steps 4-6 are for distributed solve on multiple machines only, if you just want to submit jobs to solve on a single machine, you can skip these steps.
4. Install IBM Platform MPI on each solving machine (Note: take all defaults during the installation). This is provided in the Electronics installation package.
5. If you are setting up to solve on multiple machines but doesn't include the local machine as the solving machine, you must set this in AEDT GUI on the local machine:
Make sure username/password is specified in Tools > options > general options > remote analysis
6. The temp directory on all solving machines must be the same path. We can set the path in (default) C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\AnsysEM1xx\Win64\config\default.cfg . You must select the path that is accessible by any user and on any solving machine, e.g., tempdirectory='C: /temp' . Note: even if it's windows, please use forward slash '/'
Hope this helps.