how can i get critical buckling load from nonlinear buckling analysis??(STEPS IN NONLINEAR BUCKLING ANALYSIS,post buckling effects)
Is it possible to CARRY OUT wind buckling and thermal buckling of steel tanks with ANSYS MECHANICAL APDL??(static nonlinear)
Buckling analysis with MECHANICAL APDL
- 1.4K Views
- Last Post 27 February 2018
Please read this slide deck. On slides 14-18, it explains how to find the critical buckling load by tracking the load-deflection curve. This is the generic approach, you have two specific loads: wind and thermal.
How is wind load applied to the tank? I can imagine it being applied as a bearing force that has a cosine fall off with angle.
How is thermal load applied? I can imagine it being applied as a pressure on tank.
Thank you sir for your response.How can apply force in cosine fall of angle,ANSYS APDL??
The steps to follow??
I don't know APDL, but I can create a Bearing load in Mechanical and write out the APDL file which I have zipped and attached below.
There is a do loop at the bottom where the bearing load seems to be computed.
Thank you sir.
But i can't open this file.Could you please copy this do loop,on the desk??
In the previous post, I attached a zip file. Do you not have an unzip program?
In this post, I attached a text file. I expect you can open this.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Physics Simulation
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Replacing 3-point bending test without the supports and loading pin ? Solid and shell
- 2 Defining mass source as mass fraction into density for species transport.
- 3 Calculate a bubble average speed
- 4 Optimum Mesh for Pipe Flange
- 5 Solid-Gas Multiphase System ERROR: Turbulent viscosity limited to viscosity ratio of 1.000000e+05