I am working on my master´s final project and I should simulate concrete behaviour with FRP confinement.
I have been reading several papers, web pages, this forum discussions, etc and I have some questions that maybe you can help me to solve them, thanks in adavance.
1) I have seen some simulations in implicit and others in explicit, I have read that if you do not perform the calculation in explicit it does not take into account the damage in a correct way, is it true? For example if I set up a static structural, concrete NL, drucker praguer and softening ... it will not work correctly, won´t it?
If it is true I also understant that the geomechanical options does not work properly in static structural,
2) Some simulations are performed by using solid 65 element for the concrete in this way the cracks and crushing can be shown. But others paper say that solid65 is an heritage element in Ansys library, is there any other option to simulate concrete? is solid65 the best one?
Also I read something about microplanes.
3) I have read a thesis in which they simulated the concrete by using solid65 and two criterions: willam & wamke in tensile and drucker-prager in compression and the results were very good in comparison with the experimental ones.
4) Did anyone perfomn a simple concrete simulation (explicit or implicit) that can be shared? It would be very helpful.
5) Some examples are in newer ansys versions, do you know if there is any way to have two versions in the same computer?
Thank you very much for your time.