I'm new CFX user ans i have to make flow simulation of centrifigical pump and analyse results principaly pressure and velocity in outlet.
The boundaries conditions are:
- Pressure inlet: 13 000-30 000 Pa
- Mass flow outlet: 100 g/s
- Impeller angular velocity: 10 000 rev/min
- Material: Water
I have some questions about setting of analysis:
1) What is the principaly difference between Transient analyse and Steady state ?
2) Steady state analyse can be right for pump simulation knowing that the Reynolds number is very hight ( Approximatively 44 000)
3) In Transient analyse case how to set proprely the "Time duration" and "Time Steps". I seen that I have to calculate before one parameter wich is: Courant Number. What is this parameter and how to calculate it? I know that it's depends of the smallest mesh element and velocity, but what is this Velocity ?
4) The last question is about Convergence in Transient analyse case: How knowing exactly that the results have converged.
Thank you in advance for all and I'm here for any question and information.