I am solving my project under ANSYS Static structural. I wish to understand the difference between deflection and displacment? Both are same?
Deflection vs Displacement
- 36 Views
- Last Post yesterday
Displacement is the word used for the distance a face or edge is moved in a boundary condition.
Deformation is the word used to measure the distance any node moved due to an applied load.
Large Deflection is the word used in Analysis settings to indicate that nodes might move by large distances and so the solver should update the node locations during a nonlinear solution.
In general, based on what I understand,
1. Displacement is a vector quantity used to measure the position of a body due to external actions both rotational or translational applied to it.
2. Deflection is a scalar quantity used to measure the change in shape of a body due to rotational forces only (Moment/torsion).
- All Categories
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams