i have designed a fixed-free cantilever for the detection of mass by shift in resonant frequency.A varied mass is applied on the free end of the cantilever. i want to run the the simulation in dynamic mode. how can i do the dynamic analysis to get the graph of applied mass vs shift in resonant frequency.
Dynamic Analysis of MEMS cantilever beam
- 150 Views
- Last Post 19 March 2018
Resonant frequency is found using a Modal Analysis. There are several ways you could build the model to vary the mass at the free end of the cantilever, but the simplest is to add a point mass. When you do this, you click the box next to the mass and it becomes a parameter. Then in the results of the Modal, you click the box for the information on the natural frequency. In the Parameter Set box in Workbench, you type (or paste from Excel) a list of masses, then click Update All Design Points and Workbench will solve for each row in the table.
Attached is an ANSYS 17.2 archive that you can review.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2
- 2 Ansys 19.2 student version installation problem
- 3 Wrong results for lift force every simulation
- 4 Another Work bench only opening a grey window [RESOLVED]
- 5 Installing the new version of License Manager