good morning community,please if i need a manual or hand calculation method for a reinforced concrete beam.
- 46 Views
- Last Post 14 June 2018
The beam is loaded with 20KN in two places at a distances of 3000 mm apart.the beam span is 9000mm,depth is 450mm width is 200 mm.the distance from support to the load is 3000mm,between one load to the other 3000 mm and from one load to the last support is 300 mm.
Did you find the four-point beam bending equations given in the link above were adequate for a hand calculation?
NOT really sir,let me post the beam i have modeled in ansys and i want to compare the result with the hand calculated.but the modeled beam has both steel and concrete properties but the equation i think did not have concrete properties.
may i also know the meaning of Equivalent elastic strain,principal stress,von-mises stress and vector principal stress in ordinary language. i have defence on tuesday next week,and i will appreciate so much if i get all the needed support before then.when i was checking some literature i see that some people use strength of material method to do the hand calculations where they uses ''transformrd moment of inertial'' but i don't know how to get the transformed moment of inertial of beam section.if someone can help i will also appreciate.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 3 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type
- 4 Steel Structures Fire Test Simulation
- 5 Fatigue Analysis using History Data