Error during initialization: "MPI Application rank 0 exited before MPI_Finalize() with status 2t"

• Last Post 15 January 2020
Surya posted this 14 January 2020

Hi 

I am trying to simulate a fixed bed reactor in ANSYS Fluent 2019R1. I compiled 5 UDFs into two libraries and the compilation was successful with no errors. But when I tried to initialize my setup using Hybrid Initialization, I receive the following error:

==============================================================================

Node 0: Process 14096: Received signal SIGSEGV.

==============================================================================

999999: mpt_accept: error: accept failed: No error

MPI Application rank 0 exited before MPI_Finalize() with status 2

The fl process could not be started.

The same error was obtained when initializing through standard initialization. Also regardless of whether I perform the simulation in serial or parallel mode, I received the same error during initialization.

Could anyone please help me understand why I am getting this error and possible ways to remove it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Surya

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rwoolhou posted this 14 January 2020

It's possible to have UDFs that compile (ie the C code is OK) but then cause the solver to fail as they're doing something unexpected or certain values haven't been defined. Deactivate the UDFs, does the model initialise? If yes, compile one UDF file and repeat, then two etc. 

Surya posted this 15 January 2020

Thank you for your reponse. I followed your directions and found the 2 UDFs that are causing the problem. Those 2 UDFs were provided to me by my colleague who told me that the UDF worked properly for Fluent 19.0. Why is it not working with my version? Do functionality of UDF vary depending on the Fluent version?

Also, Could you please provide me any recommendations on how I can start the debug process.

Close