Error in element formulation

• Last Post 22 May 2018
masud407 posted this 22 May 2018

Hello,

I was trying to draw stress strain curve for the attached structure by using ABS materials. My design consists of some unit cells. Therefore, I have to use command object for each part to simulate the properties of the materials which is given in the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz1z-D9h96HYeWwwT01GLWlZRW8/view

I have applied force at one end of the structure and a fixed support from other end. However, It shows "Error in element formulation" in the solver type.  Note that, I have used hexa dominant method meshing with fine sizing. Solver output result is provided in the following link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j_1wrKNSe8FH_gdf4F1mNjBac4RgWxRA?usp=sharing

So how cal I resolve this issue? Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
peteroznewman posted this 22 May 2018

Hello,

The second google drive link lacks permission to access that file.

If you assign an isotropic elasticity material to this structure, does it give the same error?

For further assistance, it would be best if you Attach a Workbench Project Archive .wbpz file to your reply.

• Liked by
  • masud407

I haven't assign isotropic elasticity material yet. How can I do that? I have changed the material properties according to ABS properties.

Can I have your email ID so that I can send the solver output to you? I have also provided the shareable google drive link in my post as well.

Mr. Peteroznewman,

Actually, I am using ANSYS from a server with the help of a software named as Citrix. Therefore, I could not extract the .wbpz file according to your provided link.

Did you try creating a Workbench Project Archive?  How big was the .wbpz file?   If you right click on Mesh or Model and Clear Generated Data, then Save As and then File, Archive, you will get a nice small file.

Do you see the Attach button on the right of your post above?  You can use that to attach the .wbpz file to your post, then I can get it from there, mesh and solve and I will have everything you have.  email is used when all else fails.

I know Citrix is software for remotely operating software on a server.  There is still the Workbench File, Archive menu item, it will just write the file on the server instead of locally, the same as your Workbench project files.  You can get to the files saved on the server, right?  Just attach the .wbpz file to your post above.

Close