I was trying to solve a steady-state thermal deformation problem in ANSYS Workbench 17.2.
I solved the steady-state temperature field in Steady-State Thermal and tried to solve the thermal deformation in Static Structural.
The geometry and engineering data are shared, and the solution of Steady-State Thermal will be imported to the setup of Static Structural.
There are 13 solid parts and 1 fluid part in the geometry, and the temperature field can be solved and imported to Static Structural as thermal loads.
However, when I tried to solve the deformation in Static Structural, there's always an error:
"An Internal Solution Magnitude Limit Was Exceeded. Please check your Environment for inappropriate load values or insufficient supports."
Here is the setting in Static Structural:
1. Imported Load - Imported body temperature. (Min: 25.106 ; Max: 36.556)
2. Fixed Support or 0 displacement in gravity direction on the bottom face of the whole structure. (Both had been tried)
Please give me some suggestions, thank you!
------------- added information --------------
1. The geometry includes 13 solid parts and 1 suppressed fluid part.
Since the Elasticity property is needed in Static Structural, the fluid part is suppressed.
2. The contact regions, no. 3, 6, 9, 13, 14, 16 and 18 revolve to fluid part, also suppressed.
3. Fixed Support at bottom face.
4. Imported Load - imported body temperature
the source bodies is set by manual way, only import the temperature of solid parts. (1-13)