Error when installation and launching workbench 19.2 STUDENT (WIN 10)

• Last Post 14 January 2019
d4devilx posted this 12 January 2019

Hey guys I am getting error trying to start workbench and when installing. I have tried the following so far:

• Installing ansys in different drive but this failed as well
  • Client ANSILIC_ADMIN UTILITY shows set license preferences for User ??????? which could've occurred due changing username to Arabic letters however changing back to English didn't solve a thing. 
  • Changing username of original account to many different names to no avail
  • Installing on different accounts but on the other user account it fails to load analysis systems in the workbench whilst giving the error:could not read server port ANSYSLI_DEMO_PORT 
  • Turning firewall off
  • Re-downloading the software and reinstalling
  • There is no license manager apparently that I could find. Is this due to 19.2 version of workbench?
  • Completing unfinished licensing configuration in ANSILIC_ADMIN UTILITY which gives me error at the end as well. It asks for hostname which i do provide using capture utility from ansys but this fails to start workbench as well

Funny enough workbench worked perfectly when I installed it for the very first time, when I uninstalled for a while then re-installation of workbench started giving me this headache. 

I have attached the errors when starting Ansys as text file: there will be two errors numbered alphabetically (A) and (B) in the text file.

Wish I could work at home on my computer but having this error i am forced to go to university every now and then which is getting frustrating for time purposes, help would be appreciated.

Attached Files

abenhadj posted this 14 January 2019

Can you remove or rename the folder ".ansys" under %Appdata%? cleanup everything, install with explicit admin right (run as admin) and check again?

Best regards,

Amine

Close