I'm doing low-velocity impact on composite using explicit dynamic by APDL. To model my composite I used Shell163 and RMODIF command to lay-up it.
I want to get the failure results like Tsai-wu but I can't. May I ask you to guide me in applying the material model that can be able to see the failure modes?
Note: I tried FC commands but those ones seem to not working on Explicit Dynamic.
Failure results of composite materials modeled by Shell163 in Explicit Dynamic (classic-APDL)
- 77 Views
- Last Post 08 December 2018
- Topic Is Solved
I appreciate your kind consideration.
As I developed a code for my model, there is no way to change the software, Can I calculate the Tsai-Wu failure, using the stresses in local coordinates?
In this case, I should check all the nodes in all sub-steps.
Sinad, when you say a code for your model, I believe you are talking about your own material subroutine? If so, yes you can do that. Oftentimes, stresses are rotated into the local co-ordinate systems before they are sent into the material subroutine. So it should be fairly simple both in Autodyn or LS-DYNA (See *MAT_55).
Also, think about the post softening behavior? I've used a Weibull function in my work.
No, I directly used orthotropic material, by code I meant the whole model which is modeled parametrically for optimization purpose.
I agree with you that both LS-Dyna and Autodyn are more convenient to work with, but now, I don't have time to change the software so I'm going to use code to calculate the Tsai-Wu failure. Thank you so much for guiding me with my issue.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Problem with the Student Version
- 3 Convergence of adaptive mesh refinement tool
- 4 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 5 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type