Fluent application failed to start

• Last Post 2 weeks ago
Reece99 posted this 3 weeks ago

When i try to open fluent within workbench it fails with the prompt fluent application fails to start. when i try to open fluent by itself it opens but never really loads. 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
tsiriaks posted this 3 weeks ago

Hi Reece99,

The error says it can't read certain file in the installation directory.

Did you install ANSYS with 'run as admin' ?

Check the permissions on your installation directory and make sure your username at least has read permission.

A potential temporary workaround might be to run Fluent with 'run as admin' .

Thanks,

Win

I'm pretty sure i installed with run as admin and that my username have admin privilege. I got the same results when i ran fluent with run as admin 

Something is wrong with your permissions. Please uninstall this and manually remove D:\ANSYS Inc folder afterwards. Then re-install again, make sure you 'run as admin' and see if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Win

I uninstalled and re downloaded ansys and it getting the same result 

If you look at the console text output, this is now a different issue. It can now go farther but Fluent is still not completely launched , so the screen is still grey.

Try launching it with this mode

Processing Options : Parallel

Processes : 0

Does this help ?

Also, open CMD Prompt and issue this command

ping %computername% -4

and post the screenshot of the output of i

Reece99 posted this 2 weeks ago

fluent opened fully when i ran it parallel. Here is the command prompt 

When i try to run it in workbench it opens and then the second i try to do anything it fails 

tsiriaks posted this 2 weeks ago

Can you elaborate on this 'fail' ?

Is there any error message ?

Does it crash ?

What if you specify

Processing Options : Parallel

Processes : 2

For both using processes: 0 or 2 i receive the same error each time:

fluent failed to start 

Now, I'm confused.

What do you mean when you said "fluent opened fully when i ran it parallel."

From what I could tell it appeared as though fluent opened and fully loaded, but once i tried to do anything the program crashed. 

If you launch stand-alone Fluent, do you have any issue (try both 0 and 2 processors) ?

Your issue with Workbench-Fluent is because of that error "unable to connect to external socket, error during socket creation" . This is likely because Firewall or Anti-virus software on the machine is blocking this.

Ok so It open and ran fine when i used o processors but i received this when I ran 2 processors

if the error on workbench is a problem with my firewall or anti-virus software, how would i fix that?

so there is no graphics-related issue here (which was one of the main culprits I was thinking about)

All of these issues are related to your Firewall or Anti-virus software. Just for a test, turn every security software on your machine off temporarily and see if it works. If it works, then turn them back on one-by-one and see which one is the one that causes the issue, then make sure you add ANSYS Inc folder to the 'exclusions' list of that software.

Close