i am doing a arterial flow simulation using two way FSI ansys simulation. i have used the artery as transient structural model and blood as fluent model. for the fluid inlet i have used a pulsating flow and used a UDF and outlet as pressure outlet. after i couple the solid and fluid and tried to run the simulation i am getting the below error. i am new to ansys. your valuable suggestion will be highly helpful. one screen shot of above error is also attached.
fluid structure interaction error in ansys
- 39 Views
- Last Post 25 February 2019
| COUPLING STEP = 1 SIMULATION TIME = 1.00000e-002 |
| Solver | Solution Status |
| Data Transfer | |
| Diagnostics | Source Side Target Side |
| NOTICE |
| An exception has occurred and has been transmitted to the coupling |
| participants. These participants have been disconnected from the |
| coupling service. |
| System Coupling Exception |
| Origin : Transient Structural (Solution) |
| Error Code : 2 |
| Error Description : |
| Solution not converged at time 1.E-02 (load step 1 substep 1). |
| Run terminated. |
System coupling run completed with errors.
FSI is very sensitive to meh resolution and structure. There can be a variety of reasons why FSI is not working in your case. We need to inspect your case, check the mesh you created and how you set your problem. Is it possible to upload the whole project?
thank you for your reply. i will do fine meshing of my geometry. if problem still exists i will post the error here.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 3 Problem with the Student Version
- 4 Convergence of adaptive mesh refinement tool
- 5 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type