geometry

• Last Post 03 May 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
usama posted this 03 May 2019

Dear rwoolhou

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/meshing-problem-8/

In a pervious post, you suggest me about scaling by keeping the dimensions for the roller in mm scale and scale in the fluent.

if I do so

big circle 300 mm small circle 100 mm and the difference between two big circles 5 micrometers. And patterns (H/W=30/40)

If i multiple these dimensions

300mm×1000

100mm×1000

5 micrometer×1000

And patterns 30 micrometer×1000

40 micrometer×1000

I am getting the same problem for meshing as you suggested to me.

And if only change micrometers dimension like pattern width and height (40*1000=40mm), (30*1000=30mm) and the gap between the circle (5*1000=5mm) and do not change other dimensions like big circle diameter = 300 mm and supported circle diameter = 100mm. 

1. geometry, first of all, I can only make less no patterns. and how can I will be able to scale them?

2-second thing if I change the area between two concentric circles from 5micrometer to 5mm how I can I scale the area between two circles in fluent?

3. I need to mark the fluid region for as shown in the figure if I scale the mesh the radius of the circle and center will also change. so I need to mark the region for water how I will do this. I also divide the center and radius by 1000 and put these values for the marked region but it does not work for me. please suggest

please comment

regards

Usama

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
usama posted this 03 May 2019

@peteroznewman please suggest.

peteroznewman posted this 03 May 2019

You don't seem to understand the concept of a global scale factor.  If you could construct all the geometry in microns, you can construct all the geometry in mm.

You ask, "how I can I scale the area between two circles in fluent?"  It is a global scale factor. Everything scales at the same time. Whatever relative relationship there was at the mm scale is maintained after a global scaling.  If you mark a region in the mm scale, that marked region will remain in the same relative location after scaling.

• Liked by
  • usama
Close