Getting a script error code: 80004005 Line:45377

• 1.1K Views
  • Last Post 4 weeks ago
  • Topic Is Solved
moawezawan posted this 17 December 2019

Hi! I am not sure why but I am getting this error consistently every time I try to open Ansys mechanical. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I am still getting this error. Please help! thanks! 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rwoolhou posted this 17 December 2019

Can you look in Workbench to see if there are any messages there too? 

moawezawan posted this 17 December 2019

That's the error message showing. It is weird because it was working fine a few days ago. 

moawezawan posted this 18 December 2019

sorry accidentally clicked on the solution option...and it isnt geometry issue its something with the mechanical interface of workbench. 

Edit: rwoolhou. No worries. Think deleting my post fixed it: will wait for Win to get on. 

tsiriaks posted this 19 December 2019

moawezawan,

Try this.

Make sure all ANSYS applications are closed, then try registering the DLL's by starting a Command Prompt with "run as administrator" ,  and issuing the following commands

regsvr32.exe ole32.dll

regsvr32.exe atl.dll

regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll

regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll

regsvr32.exe jscript.dll

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll

All must say successful.

Then, open up a regular Command Prompt , do not "run as administrator", and issue the following command

move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

Thanks,

Win

Vlad5435 posted this 31 January 2020

I had the same issue and this solved it. Thank you Win

• Liked by
  • andrevacode
Tejas1012 posted this 01 May 2020

I'm getting same error please help

felippeyo posted this 23 May 2020

Hi, I could fix the problems using the same steps

For the first part you can watch this video:

Inside the prompt you will insert the commands:

regsvr32.exe ole32.dll

regsvr32.exe atl.dll

regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll

regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll

regsvr32.exe jscript.dll

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll

And after this step you should go to Disk C:-> Users-> The folder with your name -> AppData -> Roaming -> Ansys. So you can rename the folder with your license (mine for example is v201) for "(Your License)_old" (mine for example v201_old).

I hope it works

kaitova posted this 02 June 2020

Hello Win, can you please help me? 

I seem to get the same issue.

I have tried to run the scripts in the command prompt, but several of them didn't run, see below.

In addition, I cant find this appdata. This is my working laptop, I am afraid to do something wrong, but maybe it is better to reinstall ansys at all?

Thank you for help.

Please, let me know what I should do to fix this.

feliperignacio posted this 4 weeks ago

hey guys,

all the codes that i executed say succesfull but in my desk i dont find the folder ¨app data¨ instead i got ¨calibry library¨ with the file named ¨metadata¨ what to do in this case??? 

pls help me - sorry for my english 

felipe 

rwoolhou posted this 4 weeks ago

appdata is the location for all of the user settings (graphics etc) and can cause problems with the software if it corrupts.   If you've run a model the files should be wherever you saved Workbench. 

Close