I'am new to this kind of simulation. I have done a simulation of laminar flow past a scaled model of HAWT having a reynold's number of 180 using sliding mesh approach. Could guys please tell me where iam wrong because iam getting a very very low value of Cd,Cl and Cm(Close to zero).
I will tell you the list of options that i have chosen in the fluent.
Mesh Interface: It has found out the contact on its own and since it coincides there i have given a matching interface condition.
Cell zone conditions
- Rotor- mesh motion with axis of rotation
- Stator- default an axis of rotation will be coming i have set it to 0
- Velocity inlet with 10m/s
- Outlet as pressure boundary conditon(atmospheric pressure)
- Top and side walls with zero shear stress boundary condition(unconfined flow)
- Bottom wall with no slip boundary conditions
- Interface surrounding the blades and blades as moving wall with desired rotational velocity.
- Rest everything as wall with no slip conditions.
- I have set the reference value to be calculated from inlet wall with inlet area
- Reference length which is thickness of the enclosure etc
- SimpleC- is only working rest all are giving floating point exception as error after very few iterations itself.
Initialization: Hybrid Initialization
Tell me what part iam missing?