Heat Transfer Coefficient in FLUENT

• Last Post 04 January 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
ashiadarsh posted this 26 December 2018

Hi Everyone,

I am simulating a nozzle flow in which the wall temperature varies with the axial direction(flow direction).In the boundary conditions i specified the wall temperature as a profile file Temp. vs X....How can I calculate the wall heat flux and wall heat transfer coefficient?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
kkanade posted this 31 December 2018

postprocessing - reports - fluxes

raul.raghav posted this 01 January 2019

Since you input your wall temperature as a profile, you can directly evaluate the wall heat flux and wall heat transfer coefficient. Remember that the calculation of heat transfer coefficient will depend on the reference temperature you define.

Rahul

abenhadj posted this 03 January 2019

Please mark this thread as solved so that other members might take advantage of it. 

Best regards,

Amine

• Liked by
  • ashiadarsh
ashiadarsh posted this 03 January 2019

Yes Rahul..It is important to define the reference temperature..for eg in nozzle flow it is adiabatic wall temperature which varies in the flow direction

younus posted this 03 January 2019

hello 

i would like to know about floating point exceptional error which has come during the run simulation about solidification modelling  

abenhadj posted this 04 January 2019

Hello younous please create a new thread for your question and add as much information as you can and we will try to help you.

Best regards,

Amine

Close