Hello, as I said before I am continuing with one design of a part of an moto-engine and now 1

• Last Post 12 February 2019
Georgiro posted this 31 January 2019

It is not possible to creat for example a part of a stiffening element that I show on the 2D plane, but it creates part associated with holes that I made before and I do not want to associate anything with it, but it takes the geometry I do not want, in fact I take the rectangle e. g. and it takes holes, extremely stupid and do not know what to do with it at all. Do you have any idea how to start to work with it? Thanks

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

The third imiga is absolutely idiotic, impossible to use at all.

And not able to create an element of extrusion of the yellow element at all.

rwoolhou posted this 31 January 2019

Freeze the geometry: either the part with holes or the new part. This stops them automatically uniting. 

It is fine, however not for me to understand you, can you tell me certain detail what shall I do to avoid utomatic uniting? Thanks a lot

I really do not understand what is it doing the automatic uniting!

And when I am supposed to create a part of the alu frame that is yellow, it does not want to do anything for the four lines, but it want something else, for me it is not for understanding...

And also I have this strange situation - the edges disappeared and does not exist at all...

rwoolhou posted this 01 February 2019

Look through the various materials we've given you links to for Frozen and Active/Unfrozen - that will explain the automatic unite you're seeing. 

The issue above is probably graphics related, do you have a valid solid body? 

Georgiro posted this 01 February 2019

In this case, I would like to know this, because if I can see the empty-ness, it does not look very well - the last picture. Thanks for explanation.

And where have you given me the link to the web? Thanks for your explanation.

rwoolhou posted this 01 February 2019

We've posted links to various DesignModeler videos in threads that you've opened: please find, read, review and watch the materials we've already pointed you at. 

This is fine, I just do not know, how or where to find it? Thanks for detailed info.

The point is that I am not able to find the link of you posted and where? Thanks

Georgiro posted this 02 February 2019

The absolute point is where can I find the posted links of various DesingModeler? Thanks, I cannot find it at all.

rwoolhou posted this 04 February 2019

These will help: 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ansys+designmodeler

Once you've watched all of those add in more specific queries for frozen, active and unfrozen geometry. 

Georgiro posted this 04 February 2019

Ok. I will have a look at this info. Thanks a lot 

The only from all the items I went through, but I cannot see any type of freeze and unfreeze. So how can I use this, I am probably not intelligent enough. Thanks for your response.

Absolutely not helping me at all. So how can I use any of the examples to apply on the freeze element? I do not see anything related to it at all. Thanks for explanation.

There are a few that look promising here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ansys+designmodeler+freeze

Note, you need to look for this material: we're happy to help but we're not going to spoon feed you the solution. 

I can see exatly the same problem, they do not say anything related of freezing at all, so this is a bit confusing and there are exatly the same problems I have seen, can you give me one example that I will find and it will be related to it? Thanks

What also means by this material? Thanks for clarification.

The material is to explain what frozen and unfrozen/active parts do. Understanding this will allow you to add the extruded rectangular section so it doesn't automatically unite with the rest of the model. 

So which model shall I check? I have no in this case any attention. Thanks

rwoolhou posted this 05 February 2019

Your model: the tutorials & examples will show how the tools are used. You then need to apply this to your model. 

Georgiro posted this 05 February 2019

So I still have no idea what to do, even checking the tutorials and examples, it is really wonderfull. I am not able to start to think normally, unfortunately I think...

If I can see - tell me which one is the one to have a look, otherwise I am totally confused at all.

I just simply think that you could easily help me how to avoid the use of elements that I do not want to use to model, just extremely simple. I am trying to wait for 2 weeks, but no response, if you tell me how to this non-sense avoid, it would be really helpfull. Thanks

Do you really be so extremely inteligent, that you do not want to help me easily. I am asking for this problem 2 weeks and I have no response, but I do not know why. It is so easy, but you do not want to help me. So I will have to finish, because you are not able to help me, even if I check all the videos, there is absolutely nothing to see at all. So, if I understand it well, this means that I am not about to be helped, in fact it is so easy and for you as well, but you do not want to help me, so may be waiting for my brain and not to be helped with my brain cells in the right way, may be after 10 years or longer. Ha, ha, ha, this is an extremely bad joke!!! Absolutely thanks, there is not any capability to understand this and it is so extremely easy, but I cannot be helped here - great, too much.

Georgiro posted this 06 February 2019

I would like to resolve the problem, but it seems to me that you just want to play a non-sense or what is this, I just would like a simple solution and I know that there is such a solution, but you do not want to help me at all, but WHY? I do not understand this at all...

Georgiro posted this 08 February 2019

Do not you think that you could start to do anything? I will be today waiting for 3 weeks and absolutely nothing and I cannot finish the model, because It want to go to some other elements where I do not want to go, so can you explain me this and how to change it, it is so easy, but I do not know how to do it. Thanks a lot

Show More Posts
Close