HONEYCOMB SANDWICH

• Last Post 01 January 2019
Arunsivakumar posted this 01 January 2019

Hi..,

I want to design a honeycomb sandwich structure but don't know how to attach a sheet material at the both side of honeycomb structure.

please give me some ideas or share any files related to this problem...

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
SandeepMedikonda posted this 01 January 2019

Hi Arun,

Have you read through these discussions?

Discussion 1

Discussion 2 (Where you posted earlier)

The first link even has a model that peter shared. You can look into this for more details. One way is to use share topology for attaching the sheet to the core.

Regards,
Sandeep

• Liked by
  • Arunsivakumar

Hi SandeepMedikonda

thank you so much sir.

Can we do any dynamic analysis with that honeycomb sandwich structure?

SandeepMedikonda posted this 01 January 2019

Hi Arun,

Yes, I don't see a reason why not. Just use the Explicit Dynamics Analysis system. However, if you use solid elements, they might be very small and as you might know, since the characteristic length of the smallest element drives the speed of an explicit analysis it could be slow due to the thin core membranes. If you decide to go the explicit route, I would recommend using shell elements. Alternatively, you can also calculate the homogenized properties of the core and use them in your analysis. One such way to do this is using the Material Designer in v192.

Regards,
Sandeep

sure sir I make a try over that......

THANK YOU SIR...............

peteroznewman posted this 01 January 2019

Hi Arun,

Try Transient Dynamics if the velocities are not ballistic. I find it easier to get models running in Transient Dynamics compared with Explicit Dynamics.

Regards,
Peter

Close