I'm trying to analysis drop test to composite sheet (2.4 mm). I have created model in ACP(pre) and dragged it to Explicit Dynamics method in Workbench. I tried to solve in Explicit Dynamics but I got an error and it says "Solid Layered section is not allowed in the current analysis" Then I tried to solve with Transient Structral but I confront another problem. Transient solves it without problem but I can't make any interaction between drop test material and composite sheet. So how can I define penalty between them?
How can I analysis explicit composite model in Ansys?
- 30 Views
- Last Post 2 weeks ago
ANSYS Explicit STR can only work for shell model from ACP. It cannot take solid elements from ACP. In transient, we can define nonlinear contact pairs, but there's no general contact as in explicit. You might consider using command object in transient analysis to define general contact. Or you might consider using Workbench LS-DYNA which can take solid ACP model for explicit analysis.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Product and CAD Configuration Manager - No Products Displayed
- 2 student v 19.2 quits right after loading
- 3 Mass flow inlet in Eulerian VOF model
- 4 How to define Boundary Conditions for my complex model (and how to unite the similar geometries)
- 5 SpaceClaim - The geometry editor was closed abnormally.