How can you compare simulation results for the same model with different boundary conditions?
Compare simulation results for the same model with different boundary conditions
- 1.7K Views
- Last Post 06 February 2019
You can use a Solution Combination to find the difference between the two models. First, right click on the Model Object in the Outline Tree and insert a Solution Combination Object into the Outline Tree. In the Solution Combination worksheet window, right click on the header grid and add a row. In the created row, specify a coefficient of 1.0, the applicable environment, and the solution time point. Repeat the above procedure for the result set with the different set of boundary conditions, but specify a coefficient of -1.0. These steps will create a result set that is the difference between the environments. After defining the Solution Combination, RMB on the Solution Combination Object in the Outline Tree and insert the desired post-processing action (i.e., plot directional deformation). Then RMB and solve the Solution Combination.
i have doubt that when i have solved two problem in different file.
for ex. 1) cantilever beam with point load 10 N
2) cantilever beam with moment 10Nm
then where to use the solution combination in one or both.
can you show some video i tried to use for above case but not succeeded.
Maurya, you should have the models linked to each other for Solution Combination.
Is solution combination valid for different load cases with different boundary boundary condition?
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2
- 2 Ansys 19.2 student version installation problem
- 3 Wrong results for lift force every simulation
- 4 Installing the new version of License Manager
- 5 Another Work bench only opening a grey window [RESOLVED]