How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
Identifying the element types used by Mechanical
- 208 Views
- Last Post 05 October 2018
During a solution, Mechanical writes a solve.out file that contains the element types used in the model. You can directly open the solve.out file using a text editor or access it from within Mechanical via Solution Information option under the Solution Object. You need to select Solution Information and set the “Solution Output” to "Solver Output". You can then search the solve.out file for the element type section. It will begin shortly after a header something like: * SELECTION OF ELEMENT TECHNOLOGIES FOR APPLICABLE ELEMENTS *. The element type listing will look something like: ELEMENT TYPE 1 IS SOLID186. KEYOPT(2)=0 IS SUGGESTED AND HAS BEEN RESET. KEYOPT(1-12)= 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
You may also refer up the documentation to see the element details.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Product and CAD Configuration Manager - No Products Displayed
- 2 student v 19.2 quits right after loading
- 3 Mass flow inlet in Eulerian VOF model
- 4 How to define Boundary Conditions for my complex model (and how to unite the similar geometries)
- 5 SpaceClaim - The geometry editor was closed abnormally.