I’m solving a model in ANSYS Workbench explicit. When I asked for number of nodes stress over time, I get only the maximum and minimum values which some times does not represent what you need. Is there any way to get all values, or average of certain number of nodes. coming from a user of Ansys APDL , I used to do that all the time.
How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- 687 Views
- Last Post 02 April 2019
If it is just one node the max and the min would just be the same value.
If it is a bunch of nodes, it would always pick a min, max and average them out, you always deselet the max and min.
Also, you have lot more access to user-defined results from the worksheet in case you aren't aware (like directional components):
You can also insert a Stress-probe or even use the Probe from the GUI to look at results:
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the detailed answer. Seems it is not possible to do what I'm liking for using workbench
I have tried the above techniques. I am using Beam188 elements and assigned a rectangular section. While scoping a node, Ansys gives me results of some 8 nodes around the node I have selected. So I could not get a single value result. Kindly tell me how to solve this.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2
- 2 Ansys 19.2 student version installation problem
- 3 Wrong results for lift force every simulation
- 4 Another Work bench only opening a grey window [RESOLVED]
- 5 Installing the new version of License Manager