I’m solving a model in ANSYS Workbench explicit. When I asked for number of nodes stress over time, I get only the maximum and minimum values which some times does not represent what you need. Is there any way to get all values, or average of certain number of nodes. coming from a user of Ansys APDL , I used to do that all the time.
How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- 618 Views
- Last Post 02 April 2019
I have tried the above techniques. I am using Beam188 elements and assigned a rectangular section. While scoping a node, Ansys gives me results of some 8 nodes around the node I have selected. So I could not get a single value result. Kindly tell me how to solve this.
Thank you for the detailed answer. Seems it is not possible to do what I'm liking for using workbench
If it is just one node the max and the min would just be the same value.
If it is a bunch of nodes, it would always pick a min, max and average them out, you always deselet the max and min.
Also, you have lot more access to user-defined results from the worksheet in case you aren't aware (like directional components):
You can also insert a Stress-probe or even use the Probe from the GUI to look at results:
Hope this helps.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 3 Problem with the Student Version
- 4 Convergence of adaptive mesh refinement tool
- 5 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type