How to control Bisections?
- 502 Views
- Last Post 17 October 2017
If the convergence is smooth but the solution is bi-secting just before reaching the convergence criteria, such case can be avoided by increasing the number of equilibrium iterations for such non-linear analysis. The command snippet can be added with NEQIT, 100 (where 100 is sample value for Maximum number of equilibrium iterations allowed each substep). The maximum number of equilibrium iterations per substep is set between 15 and 26, depending on the physics of the problem. However, if there are convergence issues, then it would be better to debug the root cause for that by checking BCs, loading, case setup, etc.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 3 Problem with the Student Version
- 4 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type
- 5 Steel Structures Fire Test Simulation