i would like to study flow characteristics in this body but i can only mesh the solidpart, how do i mesh the hollow part for cfd analysis
how to mesh hollow region
- 330 Views
- Last Post 26 September 2018
- Topic Is Solved
Can you please insert an image for explanation.
You will need body created for both solid and for hollow part. Then you need to mesh these two bodies.
this is the sectional view of my model blue arrows representing flow directions
I imported this file into a Geometry cell in Workbench, then I opened the Geometry in SpaceClaim.
The first step was to use the Stitch tool on the Repair tab because it came in as a collection of surfaces and not a solid body. After Stitch, it was a Solid.
The second step was to use Volume Extract on the Prepare tab. Select these faces...
Then click the green check mark and hide the Solid to see the Volume inside.
Here is video explaining volume extraction.
is there any way in which I can do the same in design modeler ,as i am using solidworks 2018 files space claim is giving an error "unable to import geometry"
In SpaceClaim you can use following. -
File -- SpaceClaim Options -- File options - Workbench - Always use SpaceClaim reader. This may allow you to import it in SpaceClaim.
For DM -
Hope this helps.
Otherwise export a STP file and read that in. It's possible that the reader on the ANSYS version you're using isn't compatible with SolidWorks 2018.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2
- 2 Ansys 19.2 student version installation problem
- 3 Wrong results for lift force every simulation
- 4 Installing the new version of License Manager
- 5 Another Work bench only opening a grey window [RESOLVED]