I am trying to simulate the machining operation in ANSYS from the survey Arbitrary Lagrangian and Eulerian approach for meshing was appropriate for this simulation. so how can I incorporate that approach in my simulation model.
How to use Arbitrary Lagrangian and Eulerian approach in ANSYS
- 349 Views
- Last Post 12 December 2018
It would be good to have more explanation about
what you are trying to do?
what is the process you are using?
what tools you are using?
Please insert images which would be more useful.
I am trying to simulate a manufacturing process which is turning where the workpiece (steel) will be rotating and the tool(tungsten carbide) is stationary I wanted to model the temperature distribution in this process.
I am using Johnson cook material model for flow stress
It looks like an Explicit Dynamics problem as we previously discussed. You can use the Euler domain (set Euler Reference in the geometry details) and change controls as needed in the Analysis settings. Check out this section from the manual for the theory behind it and the coupling?
Best Practices to post on the Student Community
Thank you for responding
I'm getting an error like energy error too large . What might be the cause of it How can I solve it.
Look at the energy conservation and energy summary in the output of your model. This might give you a better idea.
Can you tell how to incorporate the effect of coolant in the same machining process.
Hi Subhash, As far as I am aware you cannot model Thermal Conductance in Explicit Dynamics, you might have to use WB LS-DYNA.
I want to simulate same problem in apdl .Please tell me how to define johnson cook model in apdl.
Thanks in advanced
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2
- 2 Ansys 19.2 student version installation problem
- 3 Wrong results for lift force every simulation
- 4 Installing the new version of License Manager
- 5 Another Work bench only opening a grey window [RESOLVED]