I am trying to simulate the flow separation around a circular cylinder for Re=100. The drag and lift coefficients seem to match with the literature . However I am getting a low value of the Strouhal number which should be in the range of 1.6-1.7, but i am getting 0.03. tried varying the time step still no luck. Can anybody please help me solve this problem?
Incorrect Strouhal number for flow over a cylinder simulations
- 38 Views
- Last Post 13 March 2019
Check the values you're using: what velocity etc are used in the theory/paper and are you taking the same data from Fluent?
I am using the same values of velocity and viscosity which is:
velocity = 1 m/s
viscosity = 0.01 kg/m-s
And I also used the same solution methods as the papers.
What is the period required to be run? This has to be based on your Strouhal number. That period has to be at least resolved with 60-100 time steps. You will need at last two periods to be calculated
Taking Stroual number to be 0.165 (used in the literature), period is 6.06 s. And I have resolved it for 80 time steps. So, the time step I have taken is 0.075 and run it for 1600 time steps.
Should I lower the time step even more?
Actual that corresponds to a Fluent workshop. Run some more periods and start writing after one period. Are u doing the fft in fluent?
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2
- 2 Another Work bench only opening a grey window [RESOLVED]
- 3 Ansys 19.2 student version installation problem
- 4 Wrong results for lift force every simulation
- 5 Deleting Cells by using Separate Cells with Mark Register