Issue with HFSS simulation in ANSYS EM suite 17.0

• Last Post 4 weeks ago
siva_puranam posted this 06 February 2018

Hello,

I am running a simulation for my research paper and I run into a strange HFSS error that I have never seen before.

1) Communication failure - System Error no 0: error description - Success

2) Adaptive solution Process hf3d exited with code 99

3) Adaptive solution - system error no 32, error description : broken pipe

Could any of you please help me with it ?

Thank you.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
pgl posted this 29 March 2018

Is this a repeatable error? i.e. Does this error occur every time you run a specific simulation, or any HFSS simulation (different model etc)?

Are you able to upgrade to a more recent release than R17.0? I'd like to know if the issue also occurs with the R19.0 or R19.1

asoodeh@ece.ubc.ca posted this 4 weeks ago

Hi, 

My question is regarding the GND layer drawn underneath the substrate which is considered as a reference. Could you let me know if all points of this GND layer remain at the same potential. In other words, are all the parameters of this layer including its inductance and resistance included in the final results? If so, is there any way to de-embed the final results so the effect of this layer can be removed from the final results? As far as I know, the software programs whose simulator is based on Momentum de-embed the results. Is there any way for de-embedding in your program?

I have another question regarding the lumped port calibration. What I realized is that there is an option included for the lumped ports to remove the effect of its self-inductance but in case of two ports placed close together the effect of their mutual inductance cannot be removed. Is it right? Has this issue been solved in the newer version of ANSYS EM desktop?

Thanks

Close