Patch-conforming tetrahedral mesh failed

• 1.2K Views
  • Last Post 09 November 2018
chalasani posted this 02 November 2018

Patch-conforming tetrahedral mesh failed because of duplicated faces in boundary mesh.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

How to approach for the above error?

rwoolhou posted this 02 November 2018

Which meshing tool are you using? 

As an aside, I've altered the title to something more useful than "KC". Please add details in questions so people can help you. 

Hi 

I got confused initially about the title. Thanks for changing. I have been using Ansys Fluent. it's a petroleum nozzle of diameter 0.2mm and 35mm length. They are six of such holes in the nozzle. Please check the below picture.

Thanks &regards

KC

rwoolhou posted this 02 November 2018

No worries. 

I think your problem is the cell size. Have a look at the geometry and then work out what needs to be resolved: you need to make the cell size smaller than that dimension to capture the CAD. In this case the cells are big compared to the nozzles so it's linking bits of model that it shouldn't. 

You also need to think about what you're going to model, and why. Is the petrol a separate phase, ie are you spraying petrol into air? 

Thank you.

It is part of 2000mm long and 160mm diameter pipe, having nozzle head inside.  Pipe already carrying petrol, nozzle head takes petrol and starts sprinkling to the other side with 6 different nozzles. Nozzle head will be placed at 800mm distance from one end. what would be the best way to approach this?

rwoolhou posted this 05 November 2018

So, are you modelling the nozzle, or the distribution of fuel in the head?  Have a look at the sizing you need to resolve the features and then try meshing again. 

kkanade posted this 06 November 2018

When you get any error, use right click and use go to object. It points out the location or face where problem is coming. 

Then change the settings accordingly. 

You can check following video, though old, it gives good insights on meshing. 

chalasani posted this 09 November 2018

Hi 

I am doing fuel distribution. I am trying to increase the number of bodies in design. I will update this as soon as I can.

Thanks & regards

KC

Close