Material Designer

• Topic Is Locked
  • Last Post 3 weeks ago
viv123 posted this 13 August 2019

Hello,

When I am running Material designer in Ansys workbench, everything is going fine but when I am solving to get results in Material Designer it is showing "Could not connect to SolverProxy".

I am also enclosing screenshot please check.

Thank you!

Regards

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
SandeepMedikonda posted this 13 August 2019

I've seen this problem once before. In that case, the problem was to down to a space in the Windows username. This caused problems when calling files from AppData (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp). The problem has been corrected in 2019 R2. So either upgrade or check your windows username once....

viv123 posted this 14 August 2019

Hello SandeepMedikonda Ji,

My version is already 2019 R2. Now what should I check as window user name.

Thank you

Regards

viv123 posted this 14 August 2019

Hello SandeepMedikonda Ji,

My version is already 2019 R2. Now what should I check as window user name.

Thank you

Regards

SandeepMedikonda posted this 15 August 2019

Ok, what is your windows user name?

You can check it as discussed here:
https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-find-my-Windows-username-en1

viv123 posted this 15 August 2019

Hello SandeepMedikonda Sir,

My computer user name is desktop-gd8d0j3\ismela user.

SandeepMedikonda posted this 15 August 2019

I think that is where the problem is, try to avoid special characters such as '-' or '\' in the username.

viv123 posted this 16 August 2019

Ok Thank you, sir, I check.

SandeepMedikonda posted this 16 August 2019

I heard back from one of our developers on this and this is what they had to say:

One of the methods for retrieving the username gives you “DOMAIN\username”. I am not sure whether the entry provided means “desktop-gd8d0j3\ismela user” or “desktop-gd8d0j3\ismela”. Both cases should be covered in 2019 R2 so I’d be surprised if this is the issue.

The student should check where the temp directory leads to. To access the temp directory enter ”%temp%” into the address line of the Windows Explorer. Then you can copy the absolute path back out again.

A second thing to check is whether the process DSSolverProxy2.exe is started.

Also read-write access to the temp directory could be an issue. Although this is unlikely.

viv123 posted this 16 August 2019

Ok SandeepMedikonda sir, I check this,

Meanwhile, I run the Material Designer in my friends Pc there it runs fine but with user-defined Rve it is not giving any result output result is just Nan and 0,

I took the dimension is in micro for both space claim.

So now what should do to get the result.

Thank you

Regards

SandeepMedikonda posted this 4 weeks ago

There is a specific tutorial on User defined RVEs in the help. 

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v194/acp_md/acp_md_user_def_rve_tutorial.html

I would recommend following it step by step and see if you are able to produce any results. This should give you more insight into the procedure and you can use that experience to compare what you are doing wrong in your particular case.

It is possible that you are working with a complicated geometry and material designer is not able to successfully carry out the analysis. i.e., force reactions are not being predicted, NaN is typically output in such cases.

viv123 posted this 4 weeks ago

Dear SandeepMedikonda Ji,

I tried again from my Pc with unidirectional RVE but the message is coming could not connect to slover proxy, i am sending the error message to you. Everything is working till setting but at the time of analysis run for results this message is coming.

I am attaching file also of error message

SandeepMedikonda posted this 4 weeks ago

Which school are you from? Please reach out to the account manager or Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) at your school and request them to escalate this to ANSYS technical support. 

Dear SandeepMedikonda Ji,

Ok I will discuss them too but other modules are working fine like static transient(structural,thermal) etc.

Only the problem in Analysis of Material modeler.

Best Regards

DSSolverProxy2.exe how can this check maybe this is problem

chethan89 posted this 3 weeks ago

Where and how to download Material designer. Is it available in student version? i am using latest R2

Topic Is Locked

Close