I'm trying to do a simple simulation of fin but I have got stuck doing the mesh. I'm getting errorr all the time and I'm not sure why. The geometry of the fin is very fine, it is made of many little faces (see attached figure).
The errors and warnings I'm getting in Meshing are of the type:
- A mesh could not be generated using the current meshing options and settings.
- The specified defeaturing tolerance was found to be larger than a specified size. The elements on one or more edges may be defeatured out.
- One or more surfaces cannot be meshed with acceptable quality. Try using a different element size or virtual topology.
- One or more entities failed to mesh. The mesh of the bodies containing these entities may not be up-to-date. However, meshing might be successful on the other entities.
- Some boundaries of protected topologies have been defeatured. Right click on this message and select "Show Problematic Geometry" to see the affected edges.
I'm using a sizing for the fin with a size element of 0.1 mm (the fin is 100 mm length, 150 mm height and 5 mm thick at the base).
Could anybody please give me an advise of how should I proceed, please?