I'm trying to do modal analysis of an electric machine. the results that I'm getting are way off compared to experimental results that I've. I'll try and narrate the stuff that I'm doing. Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or should I be doing it differently .
- stator, winding, rotor assembly including shaft, bearing and housing assembly all have been modeled in the simulation.
- I'm trying to simulate with the exact weight as in the prototype by tweaking the mass densities a bit.
- all the parts have proper material assigned to them.
- Considering isotropic elasticity.
- Fixed support at the location of the bolts.
- the outer surface of the bearings have been given a friction less support. (Is this the right thing to do ?)
I don't get any errors or warning while running the model. It's just that the results are off. I'm very concerned about the way I'm giving a friction less support to the bearings. I'm not sure if that's the correct way to do it.
Any suggestions or reference or reasoning what might be going wrong here would be highly appreciated.
And thank you for reading this far. Let me know what you think.